What is the best car for my staycation trip this summer?
Whether you are planning a trip to the beach, a walking holiday or a family trip chances are you will be driving to your chosen destination by car.
For many of us a road trip during the summer months conjures up a vision of cruising around in a convertible. Unfortunately, given the unpredictable British weather, this is not always a practical choice.
So, if you are planning to take a road trip and want to be certain it is an enjoyable experience for all involved, you are going to need a car that is comfortable, practical, and reliable.
Below are some of our suggestions of the best pre-owned cars for whatever type of staycation trip you are planning this summer.
Road Trip with the family
For a family staycation a car that is spacious enough for the kids, all your luggage and perhaps the family dog is what you need. An Estate, SUV or MPV would be a good option as they offer space, without compromising comfort. These four are regarded as the best in each category
- Skoda Superb, which offers excellent value for money, is roomy and features a 660-litre boot. Winner ‘Best Used Estate Car’, Auto Express 2020
- Renault Kadjar, which offers a refined ride and lots of storage. Winner ‘Best medium size SUV’, Auto Express 2020
- Kia Sorento, which is spacious and generously equipped. Winner ‘Best large SUV’, Auto Express 2020
- Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, which is versatile and futuristic. Winner ‘Best MPV’, Auto Express 2020
Couple’s road trip
Whether you want the wind in your hair, the sun on your face or a thrilling ride why not consider a convertible, coupe, or a Grand Tourer.
From the affordable Mazda MX-5 to the Porsche 911, there is plenty to suit all budgets in this sector.
- Mazda MX-5, one of the best handling convertibles currently on the market that will not break the bank. Winner ‘Best Used Convertible’, Auto Express 2020
- Audi TT, timeless design, minimalist interior, and effortless performance. Winner ‘Best Used Coupe’, Auto Express 2020
- Porsche 911, knife-edge handling, surreal performance. Winner ‘Best Used Sports Car’, Auto Express 2020
If you are thinking of climbing mountains this summer or just want to get out into the countryside the Range Rover remains the best for comfortable cruising and bumpy mountain tracks. From the Evoque to Vogue models and everything inbetween, these cars are luxurious and have outstanding off-road ability. Hard to beat.
Let us help you choose the right car for your summer adventure. Give us a call on 07946 579553. We look forward to speaking with you.